Make every bite count. With each bite of food you eat, make it count to benefit you.
Of course foods you eat must taste good. Power & Balance Fitness and Nutrition coaching teaches that you can eat good tasting food—actually delicious food—that also nourishes
Foods you eat can benefit or hinder your state of well being.
FAST FOOD FACTS:
- Macronutrients are FATS, PROTEINS, CARBOHYDRATES.
- Micronutrients are VITAMINS and MINERALS. There are 30 essential micronutrients your body cannot manufacture in sufficient amounts and thus require from foods.
WHY is good nutrition important?
- Achieve quality of life for a long and happy life.
- Reduce risk of chronic disease.
- Support a healthy body weight.
- Maintain a strong immune system as defense for virus and immune-related illnesses.
Some harmful effects of poor nutrition:
- Low levels of vitamins and minerals can negatively affect brain and nervous system development in infants.
- Low levels of iron, found in spinach, oysters, liver, beans. It is essential to a fetus’s brain development and when levels drop too low it can affect mental and behavioral development.
- Low levels of iodine, found in fish, yogurt, seaweed. It is essential for optimal brain development in a fetus.
- Leading causes of death are cancers and diseases of the heart in adults 45 years and older that can be mitigated with optimal nutrition.
(Sources from CDC and NCHS)